A new role in the NZ Ministry of Education has been advertised that should be of interest to all those who have an interest in the strategic direction and leadership of ICT in NZ schools.It’s the first time I can recall seeing the word “innovation” associated with a role within the MoE – looks like an exciting new development 🙂
The ad appeared on the MoE website just before Christmas, and closes on 10 January, which doesn’t leave much of a window of opportunity for anyone to apply, particularly as most potential applicants will be on holidy – (indicating that it may not actually be a real job, but intended for an internal person?) – but the responsibilities are huge, and is important that the very best person can be found for this job – so please spread the word!
Manager, E- Learning InnovationWe are seeking a Manager, E-Learning Innovation to join our team located in Wellington.The Manager e-Learning Innovation will ensure there is nationwide knowledge on knowledge and understanding of the role of e-learning in supporting teaching and learning, that strategic decisions are made in relation to innovation and broadband, ensuring that government priorities are met especially with regard to an overview of content and services in the Broadband in schools project and the dissemination of this information across these sectors in order to ensure the success of the $1.5 billion role out of ultra fast Broadband to schools.You will lead and manage across the e-learning unit, and take responsibility for the achievement of team results and the development, implementation and alignment of one or more work programmes – in particular oversight of content and services and ICT capability.You will have:
- A relevant tertiary graduate qualification or equivalent practical knowledge in relation to e-learning and ICT systems, software and infrastructure
- Proven relationship management skills, including the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence in users and stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate the resolution of complex business and technical problems
- Knowledge of Information Technologies
- Proven financial management skillsIf this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button. You can view a job description below or for further information please contact Jenny Fitzwater on 04 463 8586.Applications close at 5pm on Monday 11 January 2010.
Download the job description here:
Job Description [WORD; 83kb]
3 thoughts on “Job Opportunity – spread the word”
Sounds like a pretty interesting opportunity.